Saturday, May 2, 2009

Drive by posting...

Just a quick, drive by posting this morning before I start my oatmeal and jump more thoroughly into the day...

I started my Beltane-tide workings yesterday evening. It is sometimes a struggle -- since I often work Friday until 9 (and though I was scheduled to be off yesterday, I was thankful to be given the chance to work, though not thankful that several of my coworkers called in ill yesterday... It was fortuitous at least that my friend asked me to cover for her evening shift early on, as the boss considered calling me to cover a day shift and honestly, I prefer the evenings. I know the flow and the routine, even though Friday nights are increasingly over the top with food orders and last-minute shoppers). But a favorite TV show will be in re-runs soon (Numbers).. which will ease Friday night congestion. Nevertheless, once I take my offerings into the Craft room and begin thinking on what needs doing, I never have any trouble settling down to a chat with the Powers That Be.

Last night my time at the cauldron was one of "just being" and stirring the pot a bit for health/healing for several and financial stability for others, receiving assurances and guidance for myself as well. With the coming of this Tide the winter window coverings are coming off (part of my Working last eve included the removal of the plastic and tape from the Craft room windows) and the aux. heaters will be stored in the garage as well. In a couple of days, my cornhusk Goddess will be interred in the garden, to bless and fertilize it for the corn and other crops to come.

Today I plan to get the Brussels sprouts out into the earth, and if there is time, begin digging for the remainder of the asparagus roots. I have a handful of local ones to plant and have heard that the ones I ordered have been shipped. I also have lots of little trees to plant and rooting cuttings from other trees, but the cuttings will wait, I think, until they have a good set of roots on them.. The forsythia from Utah looks good, but because their season is ahead of ours in temperatures, I will wait until danger of frost is past to plant them out, I think.

Also on my list today is laundry! We will see how much can go out on my new long lines. It is nice to have them again after many years with the square "clothes tree." We have the room... and the poles came with the house. I will need to tighten the lines several times, at least and K suggests we may need to make prop poles. But we will see... at least if the weather holds -- and the stash of clothes pins is sufficient -- I will be able to get laundry caught up. It is great to be able to do darks, lights and whites all in the same day, instead of in small enough bits to hang on the indoor rack. I will need more clothes pins though... many of the old ones are wimpy and others weathered sufficiently to break.... another thing they "don't make like they used to!"

No comments:

Readers...