Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am not a happy camper today.

I had expected to feel stiff and sore from my shoveling yesterday, a very LONG day of running around. But I didn't. I felt great, excited about the next two days off... full of energy and ready to knock out the project that is making me feel behind the curve (because I am...) and then take to my snowshoes to circumnavigate the acres. And I was looking forward to going to bed early as I was REALLY tired, so as to awaken early and refreshed. But alas it was not to be.

I did get to bed earlier, but did not fall soundly asleep... instead I kept waking and soon was kept awake by a nagging cough and crap running down my throat. And if course I made it longer on account of not wanting to get out of bed into the cold to go take some Dimetap which was in the kitchen, figuring eventually it would stop.

It didn't until I finally got my lazy bod out from under all the cats (which were keeping me awake, too, trying to lay on my in places that made it harder for me to breathe and to toss and turn.) avoided stepping on the dog and got the med in me.

But that was not the long restful sleep I needed, and when I did sleep it was punctuated with non-restful dreams with likely origins in my unrest and having had a call while I was out asking if I could come in and cover a shift for an employee who called out with a sore back.

And now I need to salvage this day, hurting (not sure if it's the coughing or the shoveling or both or neither, as we visited a friend yesterday who had a ailing pig in the house -- homemade surgery not healing right -- and while we were there brought in a sick goat as well) and totally unmotivated.

Maybe oatmeal will help but -- first I have to wash the darn bowls and pot.

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Hope you're feeling better today. I'd say it's a combination of things, both the shoveling and the coughing.

Readers...