Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I must be feeling better...

Yes, I am tired and yes I am a bit stiff and sore. But today I have DONE STUFF to account for that all.

I have:
  • Had an interview and got a mostly-nights-and-weekends, just-a-job in the little store down the street. It is what they call a "convenience store" here in Maine, but it is not much like a 7-11. For one, they MAKE hamburgers and pizza and sell them to go, they have a real meat counter, and grind their own ground beef. And they have some groceries -- a little better selection than "the Sev" (of which there are none in the entire state) -- and sell booze (not just beer and wine but the hard stuff too) and smokes and gas and diesel and kerosene and lottery tickets like a convenience store. And I am not making minimum wage either. Start training next week. I think I had the job before I got there... it was a strange interview punctuated with the boss' horror stories of the lack of work ethic in the young folks he had recently tried hiring...
  • brought in the two loads of wash I had hung out yesterday, and hung out two more (one is in, not quite dry, the rugs are still out)
  • washed and dryer-dried ALL the bedding but the wool blanket, including the extra flannel sheet set that did not get done last week. Dryer on account of being able to put in a dryer sheet and it DE-HAIRS it all.
  • de-haired all the floors (mega-vacuumed all the carpets, sucked up hair from the hard surface floors and mopped same)
  • washed dishes
  • completed installation of the fencing around the dog-yard
  • played with dog in her yard. She can be LOOSE in there...took her a few minutes to figure out that she was not on her long leash
  • went to the store for more flour tortillas for supper
I have yet to: put away clothes, hang the slightly damp ones over the drying rack, make the bed, make supper, work on any of the books, or make cookies that I am hungry for...

But I will...

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Lol, I'm exhausted just reading what you've done. Congratulations on the new job.

Readers...