- Had an interview and got a mostly-nights-and-weekends, just-a-job in the little store down the street. It is what they call a "convenience store" here in Maine, but it is not much like a 7-11. For one, they MAKE hamburgers and pizza and sell them to go, they have a real meat counter, and grind their own ground beef. And they have some groceries -- a little better selection than "the Sev" (of which there are none in the entire state) -- and sell booze (not just beer and wine but the hard stuff too) and smokes and gas and diesel and kerosene and lottery tickets like a convenience store. And I am not making minimum wage either. Start training next week. I think I had the job before I got there... it was a strange interview punctuated with the boss' horror stories of the lack of work ethic in the young folks he had recently tried hiring...
- brought in the two loads of wash I had hung out yesterday, and hung out two more (one is in, not quite dry, the rugs are still out)
- washed and dryer-dried ALL the bedding but the wool blanket, including the extra flannel sheet set that did not get done last week. Dryer on account of being able to put in a dryer sheet and it DE-HAIRS it all.
- de-haired all the floors (mega-vacuumed all the carpets, sucked up hair from the hard surface floors and mopped same)
- washed dishes
- completed installation of the fencing around the dog-yard
- played with dog in her yard. She can be LOOSE in there...took her a few minutes to figure out that she was not on her long leash
- went to the store for more flour tortillas for supper
But I will...