Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Returning to the Blogosphere

It's official. The Core Sound Waterfowl Museum yearbook is in the can. Even the prepress operator at the printer's shop has told me to "take a rest." LOL

It is a marathon but honestly has been taking less time -- and producing less stress on my end at least -- every year since 2001, when I started.

I hadn't a lot in mind for today, beyond that and beginning to shovel out after the marathon. These times remind me of finals week when I was working full time and going to school full time at the same time. NOTHING got done. Oh, I did get a couple of loads of wash hung out yesterday. I have gotten programmed already that the first "good drying day" after a protracted rainy period I do laundry, dovetailing with everything else. But I hadn't got it in yesterday, so I waited for the frost to depart from it and in it came, dry as need by. So they are sitting waiting to be folded and put away.

Also got the dishes caught up which wasn't as bad a chore as I had expected. K had talked about cutting the wood for the framing we are adding around the inside of the windows to allow us to install the shrink plastic, but we discovered we had got the wrong size boards on the last trip, so instead he suggested that we carry off the old red couch that came with the place. We did cut the board to go under the mailbox to afix it to the post, which I need to paint then we can install.

He was already hurting and figured to do it now, as it wouldn't likely make him hurt MORE and save a not-hurting day for other stuff, so we pushed it into the truck and off we went. Salvation Army is the only place around that takes used furniture and -- after going over it with a fine tooth comb -- the accepted it. We picked up some more boards (the right size this time) and I stopped at JoAnnes for wreath forms. Then K offered to take us out to eat at Texas Roadhouse for steak so we did, and the dishes are all still clean. Woo hoo!!

It will give me a hand up on getting started with the work at the store / work at home / housework trip.

I also had been wanting to try to get a decent fix, with a reference point, for the north star so as to begin to determine real north in the back field for my working space and happened to remember when I stepped outside a few minutes ago to dump the kitty box. After quite a long period of cloudy or overcast night skies, it is clear tonight. (portends the beginning of real winter weather, I think, as the forecast for the rest of the week shows highs running around freezing +/- only a couple of degrees F.) Anyway, a rough reference is one of the dog yard fence posts, as I lean against the west side of the Craft room door. Hopefully, when I take the cat box scoopings out tomorrow morning I can find a more distant reference, in the far woods. I will then, at my leisure later in the week, start at the post, point at the marker point in the woods and begin walking toward it until I am in the vicinity of what will be the center of my grove. and then I will keep pointing and facing the same direction while I side-step to the west until I reach grove center, where I can pick a new reference point in the woods (it will change due to parallax and it is much closer to me than the north star is) and put down a rock to mark that direction.

Other than that, I am in the post-project brain-mush funk state. Not much good for higher mathmatics or other deep thought, but functional if no one asks too much of me.

I am likely going to veg in front of the TV this evening, foliding clothes, and maybe having a glass of wine in hopes of falling sleepy early. I do not have to be at the store for my training to being until 9, so at least I don't have to transition to another early morning job.


oldcrow61 said...

I expect you will need a glass of wine to chill out with after such a busy day, lol. It must be exciting to begin starting on the grove.

Juli said...

I think Nothing can be a whole lot of something and everything somehow always comes together in the end.

Steak ! A very nice reward for hard work :)

I honestly don't know how any of us do it, and actually I usually don't. Get it all done anyway. But we do what we can and enjoy most of it and veg out at the end of the day.

I hope you get much rest and everything you want done, done.